Thursday, February 3, 2011

Obsession





For the obsession assignment we had to take 100 photographs of the same type of idea, theme or composition. The theme I chose was 'Snow' however I think it could also be considered 'Winter'.  I like the bus driving past in the last image. I took a bunch of these with all different cars passing through the picture plane but the bus stood out the most to me. It may feel off balance the vehicle is off to the left, but I like it anyway. I also like the kind of peaceful Christmas/snow scene being interrupted by this bus. I also realized that some of my images of branches in snow echo one of Harry Callahan's photographs below.

Harry Callahan Study 1948

4 comments:

  1. I really like your snow pictures. The first and third shot above really stand out to me. They convey the serene solitude of winter very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a better idea for the obsession assignment then snow! I feel like this winter all we have seen is snow, i can not remember the last time i saw green grass. My favorite picture is the third one with the snow on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of using the snow as a subject matter, but it is hard to capture the texture of the snow sometimes. Here i think you handled the tast well and made som strong images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of snow for this assignment. I like the second photo, how you can see part of the deck and the trees. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete