Monday, March 28, 2011

Get Closer

Every time I visit an art museum, I am most intrigued by the frames of the paintings. The museum is really the only place you can view the frames because they are not included in the online database.
The frames contain lots of extravagant detail but do not overpower the masterpiece it holds. The frames happen to be works of art themselves and are usually overlooked. 

This is a macro shot of the Marble statue of the Three Graces.  Since it is such an old sculpture, there was a bit of discoloring, which I find to be kind of pretty. I also tried to include all of the Three Graces.

This is a close up of sculpted hair. To me it looks like waves or smoke.
I thought this looked like a nose

This pendant is a bust of Iris. It was in a glass case so I could not really get a good look at it until I took this picture. I really like the red background.

No comments:

Post a Comment